Who we are
Talk Buzz Tutor is an online social community freelance tutoring website that allows its members to sell their knowledge. In return the Talk Buzz Tutor charges a small fee to allow tutors use our platform. Talk Buzz Tutor also have a social media “What’s New” community where members can interact with each other. When a member register on the site, they can switch from Buyer to Seller. A Buyer is someone who is looking for a talented Freelance Tutor who can help them. A Seller is a Freelance Tutor that sells their skills and knowledge. By accessing or using www.thetalkbuzz.com, the Talk Buzz Tutor mobile app, or any other related sites, applications, services and goods, or any other website operated by Talk Buzz Tutor that links to this policy (each, the “Site”), you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time; any changes we make to this Policy will be posted on this Site, we will also take any other steps, to the extent required by applicable law, including notifying you about material changes.
Moderation of Community Activity
Talk Buzz Tutors Admin monitors its Community Activity streams closely and will ban members from the platform if they violate Talk Buzz Terms of Service continuously. Talk Buzz Tutor has a report flag on each members comment and members can report inappropriate content.
Information We Collect
You directly provide us with most of the information we collect when you register to the Site, use it, complete forms, or register to any of our programs. We also collect information about your communications with Talk Buzz Tutor as well as any of your posts on our blogs or forums and your communication with other users of Talk Buzz Tutor. In addition, we automatically collect information while you access, browse, view or otherwise use the Site and receive information from third party vendors or other available sources.
Our Legal Basis for Using Your Personal Information – Where relevant under applicable laws, all processing of your personal information will be justified by a “lawful ground” for processing as detailed below.
How Do We Use the Information Collected? – We use personal information to provide you with quality service and security, to operate the Site, understand how people use the Site, and to perform our obligations to you; to ensure marketplace integrity and security; to prevent fraud; to contact you and send you direct marketing communications; to promote and advertise the Site, our services and the Talk Buzz Tutor marketplace; to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
How Long Do We Keep Personal Information – We will keep personal information only for as long as is required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. However, in some cases we will retain personal information for longer periods of time.
Children – This Site is offered and available to users who are at least 18 years of age and of legal age to form a binding contract. Minors under 18 and at least 13 years of age, are only permitted to use the Site through an account owned by a parent or legal guardian with their appropriate permission. Minors under 13 are not permitted to use the Site or the Talk Buzz Tutor services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties – We share personal information with third parties in order to operate the Site, provide our services to you, fulfil obligations imposed on us by applicable laws and regulations, and prevent fraud, infringements and illegal activities.
Where We Store Personal Information – Some of the personal information you provide to us will be stored or processed on our behalf by third party suppliers and data processors and may be in other jurisdictions, such as the United States.
Do Not Track (DNT) – Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
External Links – the Site contains links to third party sites and if you link to a third-party site from the Site, any data you provide to that site and any use of that data by the third party are not under the control of Talk Buzz Tutor and are not subject to this Policy.
Security – We implement technical and organizational measures to maintain the security of the Site and your personal information and in preventing unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or damage to it through industry standard technologies and internal procedures.
Updating Personal Information – We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and we provide you with the opportunity to update your information through your account profile settings. If you believe your information is in any way incorrect or inaccurate, please let us know immediately.
We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we collect when you visit and/or use the Site. By accessing and/or using the Site and its related sites, applications, services, goods and/or registering for a Talk Buzz Tutor account and/or registering, you acknowledge that you understand how we process your personal data in accordance with this Policy, including our collection, use, disclosure, processing and retention of personal information. You can also learn how to limit sharing of information in this Policy.
Information You Provide.
When you register to the Site, use it, complete forms, participate in skills tests or surveys, or use the Site as collaborator, we ask you to provide certain personal information, including a valid email address, e.g. Facebook or Google account login details and username. We will also ask you to provide or otherwise collect additional information, such as, your profile details, physical address or billing information, telephone number or other contact details, transactional information, payment information and details about other social networks linked accounts, details about your listed gigs, purchases, education, profession and expertise, and additional authentication information (such as copies of your government issued ID, passport, or driving license, as permitted by applicable by laws. We also collect information about or contained in your communications with Talk Buzz Tutor as well as any of your posts on our blogs or forums and your communication with other users of Talk Buzz Tutor.
Information We Receive from Third Parties. We receive information from third party vendors and/or other commercially available sources, such as:
- Third party vendors who provide us data to supplement the information we collect about you, in accordance with applicable laws. For example, we receive fraud warnings from service providers for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We also receive information from enrichment service providers to enhance and personalize your experience as well as from advertising and marketing partners in order to manage and measure our campaigns.
- If you link, connect, or login to your Talk Buzz Tutor Account with a third-party service (e.g. Google, Facebook, LinkedIn), we receive certain information, such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
We combine your personal information with information we collect automatically or obtain from other companies and use it for the purposes detailed in this Policy.
Our Legal Basis for Using Your Personal Information
Where relevant under applicable laws, all processing of your personal information will be justified by a “lawful ground” for processing. In most cases, processing will be justified on the basis that:
- you have provided your consent for us to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- our use of your personal information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (e.g. to provide you with services which you have purchased);
- the processing is necessary to comply with a relevant legal obligation or regulatory obligation that we have (e.g. fraud prevention); or
- the processing is necessary to support our legitimate interests as a business (e.g. to improve our services to you), subject to your interests and fundamental rights and provided it is conducted at all times in a way that is proportionate.
How Do We Use the Information Collected?
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with quality service and security, to operate the Site, to perform our obligations to you and to develop and improve our service. For example, we use personal information to verify your identity. We also use this information to establish and set up your account, verify or re-issue a password, log your activity, enable your communications with other members, provide customer support and contact you from time to time. The information helps us to develop and improve our services, to understand and analyze our performance as well as your preferences and performance and to customize and personalize our service and enhance your experience (including by making Gig suggestions, ranking search results, etc.).
- to ensure marketplace integrity, prevent fraud and maintain a safe and secure marketplace and services. For example, we use personal information to monitor, track and prevent fraudulent activities and other inappropriate activities, monitor content integrity, conduct security investigations and risk assessments, verify or authenticate information provided by you, enforce our Terms of Service and comply with applicable laws. We conduct certain behavioral analytics to achieve the above objectives and in limited cases, if we detect activity that we think poses a risk to the Talk Buzz Tutor marketplace, other users, our community, or third parties, automated processes may restrict or limit your ability to use Talk Buzz Tutor. If you would like to challenge any such decision, please contact us.
- to contact you, as requested by you or as otherwise approved by you or permitted according to this Policy.
- to promote and advertise the Site, our services and the Talk Buzz Tutor marketplace. For example, we use the information collected from you for the purpose of sending direct marketing messages (as detailed below), to show you information that may be of interest to you, to organize and facilitate marketing programs, contests or other promotional activities or events.
- to maintain appropriate business records, to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law.
We will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those set out in this Policy.
- We use your personal information to send you direct marketing communications about our products, services or promotions from Talk Buzz Tutor that may be of interest to you or our related services. This may be via email, post, SMS, telephone or targeted online advertisements.
- We take steps to limit direct marketing to a reasonable and proportionate level, and to send you communications which we believe may be of interest or relevance to you, based on the information we have about you.
How Long Do We Keep Personal Information?
We apply a general rule of keeping personal information only for as long as is required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances, we will retain your personal information for longer periods of time. We will retain personal information for the following purposes:
- if it is necessary and relevant for our operations, e.g., so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenge; and
- in relation to personal information from closed accounts to comply with applicable laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Site terms and take other actions as permitted by law.
This Site is offered and available to users who are at least 18 years of age or older and of legal age to form a binding contract. Minors under 18 and at least 13 years of age, are only permitted to use the Site through an account owned by a parent or legal guardian with their appropriate permission. Minors under 13 are not permitted to use the Site or the Talk Buzz Tutor services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. Parents and guardians should always supervise their children’s activities. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that personal information. If you believe we might have any information.
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
We share your personal information with third parties as detailed below:
- With other users and Site visitors. Once you register, your username, country, and additional information regarding your activity is made public and is visible to all users of the Site. This information includes photos you upload, your published portfolio, Gig information, ratings, and additional information you may choose to add to your profile. We also offer you the opportunity to participate and post content publicly in forums, blogs and on other similar features. Please be aware that certain information, such as your username and profile, together with the content uploaded by you, will be publicly displayed when you use such features. Your information will also be shared with other users when you message or otherwise communicate with such users. When you publish your information and/or share your data with other Talk Buzz Tutor users, you do so at your own risk. If you choose to share personal information with other users, including Sellers providing you a service via Talk Buzz Tutor, such personal information is shared with other users as separate controllers. While Talk Buzz Tutor our Terms of Service require Sellers to keep the information shared with them confidential, Talk Buzz Tutor cannot ensure that all users will do so, and it is your responsibility to ensure that other users will comply with your standards.
- With Service Providers. We share personal information for business purposes with service providers that provide us with services for the purpose of operating the Site, opening and operating your account as well as providing ancillary services and solutions. These include, among others, hosting services, billing and payment processors and vendors, CRM systems, forum hosting, community management services, data and cybersecurity services, web analytics and performance tools, translation tools, IT SaaS services, session recording, communication systems, mailing systems, data optimization and marketing services, data enrichment services, legal and financial advisors or technical consultants. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to require third parties to adequately safeguard your personal information and only process it in accordance with our instructions.
- For legal reasons. We share personal information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other parties in order to respond to a subpoena or court order, judicial process or to regulatory authorities, if we believe we are required to do so by law, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes; when we believe it necessary or appropriate to disclose personal information to law enforcement authorities, such as to investigate actual or suspected fraud or violations of law, breaches of security, or breaches of this Policy; to respond to claims against us; and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Talk Buzz Tutor, our customers, or the public;
- For payments and fraud detection. We share personal information with payment processors, fraud detection agencies and similar third parties for the purpose of facilitating payments done via the Site and securing the Site and protecting it against fraud, unauthorized transactions (such as money laundering), claims or other liabilities.
- With social media partners. Our Site includes certain social media features, including single sign on features. We also share limited personal information with such social media platforms and marketing partners, such as Facebook and Google, to promote our services or the Talk Buzz Tutor marketplace. Such features and third-party services collect certain information about you and may set a cookie to enable their functionality. Such third parties’ features are governed by their policies.
- With users with whom you transact. We share personal information to help facilitate interactions between users. For example, if you are a Buyer, we may share certain limited information about you (such as the fact it is your first purchase on Talk Buzz Tutor) with the Seller to ensure the services you receive from the Seller will fit your needs; such sharing of information is limited in scope, and is only intended to improve the services provided by the Seller and your user experience;
- In the context of a corporate transaction. Personal information will also be disclosed if we go through a business transition such as a merger, sale, transfer of all or a portion of Talk Buzz Tutor’s assets, acquisition, bankruptcy or similar event. If we sell any business or assets, we will disclose your data to the prospective buyer. If we or substantially all our assets are acquired by a third party, information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
Where We Process Your Personal Information
Some of the personal information you provide to us will be stored or processed on our behalf by third party suppliers and data processors and may be in other jurisdictions, such as the United States, whose laws may differ from the jurisdiction in which you live.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. We do not honor browser requests not to be tracked online (known as “Do Not Track”).
Talk Buzz Tutor is secured by PayPal and all of its protections as listed below:
If an eligible item that you’ve bought online doesn’t arrive, or doesn’t match the seller’s description, PayPal’s Buyer Protection may reimburse you for the full amount of the item plus postage. Buyer Protection can cover your eligible online purchases, on Talk Buzz Tutor when you use PayPal. Conditions apply.
More about Buyer Protection.
For more information on the specific terms of the Buyer Protection applying to you, see our User Agreement.